PHARMACY COUNCIL OF INDIA EDUCATION REGULATIONS, 1991 FOR THE DIPLOMA COURSE IN PHARMACY
Regulations framed under section 10 of the Pharmacy Act, 1948.
(As approved by the Government of India, Ministry of Health vide, letter No V. 13016/1/89-PMS dt. 2-8-1991 and notified by Pharmacy Council of India.)
No. 14-55/87 (Part)-PCI/2484-2887:-
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 10 of the Pharmacy Act, 1948 (8 of 1948), the Pharmacy Council of India, with the approval of the Central Government, hereby makes the following regulations namely:-
1. Short title and commencement:-
(1) These regulations may be called the Education Regulations, 1991.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
2. Qualification for Pharmacist:-
The minimum qualification required for registration as a pharmacist shall be a pass in Diploma in pharmacy (Part I & Part II and satisfactory completion of Diploma in Pharmacy (Part-III).
Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to the above.
3. Diploma in Pharmacy Part-I and Part-II shall consist of a certificate of having passed the course of study prescribed in Chapter-II of these regulations.
4. Diploma in Pharmacy Part-III shall consist of a certificate of having satisfactorily completed course of practical training as prescribed in Chapter-III of these regulations.