No. 14-55/93/(Part –I)/PCI/9137-9652:-
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 10 of the Pharmacy Act, 1948 (8 of 1948), the Pharmacy Council of India, with the approval of the Central Government, hereby makes the following regulations further to amend the Education Regulations, 1991, namely: —
- 1. (i) These regulations may be called the Education (Amendment) Regulations, 1996.
- (ii) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- 2. In the Education Regulations, 1991 (hereinafter referred to as the said regulations), in regulation 13 for sub-regulation (2), the following shall be substituted, namely: —
- “(2) A candidate, who fails in theory or practical examination, shall reappear in such theory or practical paper (s) as the case may be”;
- 3. In the said regulations in regulation 15, for the figures “50%”, wherever they occur, the figures “40%” shall be substituted.
- 4. In the said regulations, in regulation 20, —
- (i) in sub-regulation (1) , item (iii) shall be omitted:,
- (ii) in sub-regulation (2) the words “and Drugs manufacturing unit” shall be omitted.
- 5. In the said regulations, in APPENDIX –D, in paragraph 5, the words “and a drugs manufacturer” shall be omitted.
- (Published in Gazette of India, Part III Section 4, dt 2-3-96)