A high level seven member team from Republic of Maldives led by Minister of State for Health and Family,Maldives, Ms. Lubna Mohamed Zahir Hussain visited the PCI office on 21.12.2011 with the following Terms of Reference -
- â€¢ To study the composition of Pharmacy Council of India.
- â€¢ To study the functions and workings of the PCI, which will allow for comparative study and reforming the health sector regulatory bodies in Maldives ; and
- â€¢ To study the Mandate of the PCI in India which will assist in legislative drafting.
The other member of the Maldives delegation were as follow -
1. Ms. Shareefa Adam Manik, Chairperson, Maldives Board of Health Sciences.
2. Ms. Aminath Nazeer, Chairperson, Maldives Medical Council.
3. Ms. Thasleema Usman, Director, Quality Assurance and Improvement Division, MOHF.
4. Ms. Hafeeza Ibrahim, Acting Chairperson, Maldives Nursing Council.
5. Ms. Aishath Hafeez, Director, Framework Services and Advocacy, Maldives Qualification Authority.
6. Mrs. Fathimath Limya, Laboratory Technologist, Quality Assurance and Improvement Division, MOHF.
The visiting team arrived in PCI office on 21.12.2011 at 14.00 hours. Sri D. Chakraborty, Vice President PCI and Prof. M.D. Karvekar, Member PCI welcomed the delegation. Smt. Archna Mudgal, Registrar-cum-Secretary gave presentation on â€œPharmacy Education in the Indiaâ€ -
- Â Â Â Origin of Pharmacy in India
- Â Â Â Pharmacy Act, 1948 and its salient features.
- Â Â Â Mandate of PCI under the Pharmacy Act.
- Â Â Â Various Committees constituted under the Pharmacy Act and its functions.
- Â Â Â Various levels of pharmacy education / courses in the Country.
- Â Â Â Future action plan of PCI.
After the presentation, Dr. D.Chakraborty, Vice President threw the meeting for open discussion. The queries raised by the Maldives delegation were replied by the PCI members and Secretary, PCI. The delegation was further assured of full co-operation and support from PCI in reforming the pharmacy education and profession in Maldives.
After the meeting, mementoâ€™s were presented to the visiting delegation. The delegation invited PCI delegation to Maldives.